Curd or yoghurt is a lactic fermentation of milk, it is greatly considered for its smoothness, it has a very pleasant and refreshing taste. Curd is very nutritional and good for the human health, it is one of the most and valuable therapeutic foods. The milk extracted from cows is usually use in the preparation of yoghurt in some parts of the world mostly in America and Europe.
The purest milk or the best milk should always be used in preparing the curd, the milk should be boil for about 7 to 10mins and also the temperature of the milk should be reduce to lukewarm state before it can be curdled.
The food value in curd is very nourishing and it is a valuable source of protein, minerals and essential vitamins, the calcium and riboflavin are of great value. The protein present in curd is more digested than the protein found in milk.Although some studies suggest that regular milk is only 32% digested after about one hour in the digestive tract, whereas about 91% of curd is digested within the same period of time. It is a perfect diet for elderly and young people who have a sensitive digestive system.
Curd has a very nutritional content similar to fresh milk, it has a very special value for therapeutic purposes, it is also consider as one of the best natural method for a healthy and good looking skin.
Natural And Health Benefits Of Curd
- Curd supplies the nerves and the skin with a healthy ingredients and also prevent the ill-effect of exposure to the sun, when curd is mixed with a lemon juice or orange, it’s serves as a good face cleanser, it supplies moisture to the skin and the fruit juice provide the essential vitamins C. Apply one tablespoon of juice and it should be mixed with curd (to the face and neck) allow it to dry for about 10-15mins,then wipe with a soft tissue and rinse with a clean water.
- Curd is of great value in the treatment of insomnia, the patient should take plenty of curd and massage it on the head.
- For hair growth, curd is of great value in conditioning the hair, it will make the hair healthy,soft and strong. For a perfect results curd should be applied right into the roots of the hair before it is been washed off and also it helps in the removal of dandruff.
- Curd is highly beneficial when use in form of buttermilk, it helps in the treatment of obstinate skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis.
Minerals and vitamins present in curd
- Vitamin A and C
Preparation of curd
- Rinse the pot with with a clean water and add milk, boil the milk on a low flame
- Boil the milk on a very low flame for about ten to fifteen minutes, stir the milk while boiling or else it will get burnt and smell bad
- Remove the milk from the boiling flame
- Before adding yoghurt allow the milk to cool down
- Add yoghurt to the milk and stir very Wel, cover the pot and move it to a warm place, leave it for about seven to ten hours to set.